Monday, November 21, 2011

Gratitude Week Part 2

Another thing that I have been especially grateful for recently is my family-in-law. I first met Samuel's parents last Thanksgiving when I went home with him. Even before I met them, Samuel's parents immediatly welcomed me in to the family and made me feel cared about. And they have only continued to make me feel welcome and special since that first trip. It could have been easy to have blended in with the two other daughter-in-laws that joined their family within months before and after me, but I think that they are very good at making each individual person feel unique and special in their family. I am also very grateful to know all of Samuel's siblings. This past summer was a lot of fun with all of the many things we got to do with his siblings who lived in town. I really got to know them all personally and we had a lot of good times. Going back to Seattle and getting to spend time with the siblings in Washington has been great as well. They all have something unique and great that they add to a really wonderful family. With the holiday season approaching I am especially grateful for this since we will always be switching off which family we spend the holidays with. Even when I am not spending it with the family I grew up with, I still know that it will be great because being with them feels like being with family.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I'm with you, Stephanie. We have the best in-laws ever! There is never a dull moment at the Price house.

    ReplyDelete