Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Countdown of Gratitude Part 3

This is my last post of the countdown but there are still SO MANY things I have not touched on. But here are a few more things I am super grateful for in the last 20 years....

Sister-in-Laws: I loved growing up with my four brothers, but it is definitely nice to have some girls in my life. Both my immediate and extended family is really scarce in the girl department. So I was super happy in the last two years to have two sister-in-laws added to my family! They both bring new and great things to the Skidmore family and it has been so great to get to know them and to actually have sisters!

Jet- She joined our family in November 2008 and I remember hitting it off with her from the very beginning. The first night I met her when she came to meet our family Brad, Jet, and I all stayed up late talking together and I remember thinking that I was so glad to find I was not losing Brad to someone at all, but instead gaining a new sister. I have had the chance to live with Brad and Jet for a month on two separate occasions and I have many good memories of those times. Jet and I can talk for hours about all kinds of things. I still enjoy being able to talk to her on a regular basis while I am in a different state and I miss her, Brad, and Hyrum a lot!



Kristen- She joined our family in August 2009 and I got a second sister! I remember the first time I met Kristen as well when our family came up to Provo to visit and she was very easy to talk to and get to know. And then later in the year when she came down to New Mexico with Greg for my high school graduation and other family events I remember thinking how well she fit in to our family and that no one seemed to be acting any differently with her there. Kristen is a lot of fun with a great sense of humor and is also very kind and good at reaching out to people around her. I really miss having her and Greg here in Provo and getting to visit them whenever I want!


FRIENDS: It has really struck me this summer and school year how many amazing friends I have been blessed with. Friendship is such a beautiful gift that can be found in any circumstances and I have been so blessed to have found friends in so many different contexts and that I have always had people with whom to laugh, swap stories, make memories, and really care about and be cared for. I could say so much about each of them, but for now I will just have to share a piece of it through pictures:








1 comment:

  1. Ah!! Steph you're a pretty spectacular lady! I was just as happy to gain another sister and nearly triple my brother count when I married into your family. In the words of Greg, you're a provocative woman of great proportions! :-)

    ReplyDelete