Monday, October 11, 2010

Countdown of Gratitude Part 2

Some more things I am grateful for in the last twenty years of my life...

Happiness- What would life be like without laughter, smiles, and those perfect happy moments? I can't even imagine. I am so grateful for the happiness of those around me, the people and things that make me happy, a heartwarming smile, and laughter... lots and lots of laughter! I have written school papers, church talks, blog posts and more about the value of happiness and the role that it can play in your life and I am sure there will be many more. There is nothing greater in life than happiness and those things that cause it.




-A GOOD CHILDHOOD- Looking back on my years of happiness and innocence growing up and having heard about the experiences of so many others that was not like mine, I have seen how truly blessed I have been. Everything was not perfect of course but I was definitely provided with a safe and loving environment that helped me develop and learn effectively. I was able to begin life's journeys and face new trials without the burdening down of damaging childhood experiences. Most of this is due to my parents and there is a lot I could say just about them, but I wrote about parenting in my blog a couple months ago so for now I will just say that I am extremely grateful for the environment that my parents raised in and for the example and guidance that they have offered me.




~Beauty~
"Some people in this world have stopped looking for beauty, then wonder why their lives are so ugly. Don't be like them. The ability to appreciate beauty is of God. Especially in one another. Look for beauty in everyone you meet and you'll find it. Everyone carries divinity with them. And everyone we meet has something to impart."
-from The Walk by Richard Paul Evans

There has been so much beauty in my life through so many different aspects and I would feel ungrateful not to recognize it. I love the idea that this quote presents because there really is beauty in everything and everyone. There are the miracles of nature all around and the beauty in the smiles and spirits of everyone we encounter. Just a few of the innumerable beautiful things in my life...










1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Steph! We love you and are grateful for you! You bring both beauty and happiness to our family!

    Can't wait to see you at Christmas!

    ReplyDelete