Thursday, October 7, 2010

Countdown of Gratitude Part 1

I have been thinking a lot lately about how blessed I am and how many things have 'gone right' for me(which is really easy to forget when a couple things go wrong). And with my birthday in less than a week I have been reflecting a lot on the last two decades(yes, I have been alive that long now-crazy!) and the many blessings that have scattered throughout. I have SO MUCH to be grateful for, and so over this week before my birthday I want to give focus to some of the many things that have made my life the great one that it is...


*My Brothers*
Yes I did always long for a sister growing up, but I never would have replaced any of my amazing brothers. I had a lot of fun and good times growing up with them and over the last couple years I have gotten even closer to all of them. As I moved out to college and went through more life experiences I grew in my relationship with my older brothers in many ways. I love each one of them so much and treasure my relationship and interactions with each of them.




-Wes- there is always a guarantee of a good time and lots of laughs with Wes! We really stretched our imagination with the many games we played as a kid. Who else would build huge Lego towns/Hogwarts, play restaurant when we wanted lunch, play with both Barbies and Star Wars action figures, build forts, and be so closely matched to me in Harry Potter Scene-it that a wrestling match was added to the end of intense game? And he can still be counted on for many laughs and competition in ANY sport.




JEFF.... Ever since he got back from his mission over a year ago I have been able to get to know Jeff and grow in our relationship more than ever before. The last two school years we have lived in the same apartment complex and it is awesome to have him so close by. We have a ton of laughs and some heart to hearts too. It is fun to have some of the same friends and be able to do many different things together. We have found that we can be complimentary in several ways... he helps me with homework I don't understand and gives me rides and I help him figure out people and relationships and cook for him. I can and have learned a lot from his example and greatly enjoy all the time we have spent together.



~Greg~ Growing up we were the two black sheep of the family together. We have always had more in common than everyone else in the family. Greg has also had a special talent to make me laugh and I have many memories of laughing at the things he has said. He is definitely one of the funniest people I know. But he is also extremely kind and wise. I enjoy the serious conversations I have had with Greg and he has a lot of wisdom and insight. It was great to have him living so close by when I moved out to college and to get to know him on a new level. I have a lot of friends that are surprised to learn that I talk to my brothers about boys and about personal things because they cannot do the same with their brothers, but Greg is a great example of this. He is always one of the first people I tell about guys or about other important things in my life. I have loved seeing him go through the process of marrying Kristen and starting a life with her. He is great and I am so grateful for all he has done!



BRAD-- Brad is someone that I have always been close to and has always been one of my best friends. I can talk to him for hours about anything and I have especially loved the deep conversati
ons we get in to. I feel like he brings out the best in me and he is always interested in what I have to say. He is unceasingly supportive and always there for me. Whether we were living just a couple minutes from each other or in different states, we have always been able to maintain our close relationship. I saw him through the process of finding someone to marry and I am so happy to see him with the beautiful family he now has.

That's all for tonight... more to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment