Monday, September 21, 2009

"Yeeeah, I live for little moments, like that...." and more Brad Paisley adventures...

Saturday night, while everyone else was hiking to the BYU football game, I was headed the other direction to Salt Lake City to go to the Brad Paisley concert. I had bought the tickets to the concert before I knew that the first BYU home football game was on the same night. But I wasn't going to miss my opportunity to see the wonderful Brad Paisley live, and I wasn't going to waste the money I spent on the tickets. It was with a little pang of sadness at seeing everyone all decked out in blue and excited for the first home game that I left town... but it was definitely worth it. And as it turned out, I didn't miss much of a game. So in faithful little jeepy with Rachel at the wheel, we headed off for the concert...



The two openers for the concert were Jimmy Wayne and Dierks Bentley and they both did a great job. But of course, the best part was Brad Paisley!




I love silhouettes!

As it seems is a pattern for my concert experiences, there was some rain....


Brad Paisley put on a really good concert. He was funny, fun, entertaining, and he sang a big variety of songs. One of the things that I love about him is that he sings really funny songs (i.e. I'm Still a Guy, Celebrity, Online, Me Neither, many more...) that are so hilarious, clever, and fun. But then he also sings beautiful, meaningful songs (i.e. Then, Letter to Me, He Didn't Have to Be, When I Get Where I'm Going, etc...) that really touch your heart. He has such a great variety of songs, and it was really evident in the concert. Also, I really admire his character. For all the fame and glory he has had, he has really been able to stay down-to-earth. He has not been caught up in the many temptations of stardom and the tabloids are not full of scandalous stories about him. He is aware of all the unnecessary hype surrounding stars, as he writes about in his song "Celebrity." Basically he is just a solid guy who loves his wife and kids, who also happens to be talented with a guitar and write great songs...




2 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm glad everything worked out and you were able to go! And you are right, you didn't miss much of a game...if you can even call it a game...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ye-ah! (please note that was NOT a Ye-haw) Power to the Jeepster!

    ReplyDelete