Monday, October 5, 2009

Come Listen to a Prophet's Voice

This weekend was pretty full, but not in the way weekends normally are. All of Saturday and Sunday were based around General Conference. Saturday morning, bright and early, I headed up to Salt Lake City with my brother and sister-in-law, my other brother, and two of my roommates. We watched the Saturday morning session in the Conference Center.



Afterward, we had a picnic


Kylie and Rachel

Then we watched the afternoon session in the Joseph Smith Memorial Building. And we all posed by the lovely reflection pool afterward:

Jeff, Rachel, Kylie, Greg, Kristen, and me

Roommates!

Sunday morning we had a big potluck breakfast at our apartment with all of the people from Saturday plus another roommate and friend. We all watched the morning session together in our PJs while we ate the delicious breakfast. And of course, we watched the afternoon session as well.

I had a particularly good conference experience this year. I finally tried what people had been telling me to do for a while now. I have heard everyone's experiences with having a specific question before conference and then having that question answered in one of the talks. I was always a little scared that I would do it and there would be no answer, so I would kind of go into conference with general ideas and sorta questions. But this time I decided to do it for real and I came up with a couple questions, and one main one, and I wrote them down. And, what do you know, my main question was addressed in the very first talk! I had a very good conference experience and I am very grateful that we had the opportunity to listen the prophet and all the other speakers and to hear all of their wisdom!

3 comments:

  1. How fun! Conference is amazing in person--being that close to the prophet is invigorating :)
    By the way, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I think it is today, if not then it is sometime this week. Well, have a great one!
    One of the best ways to celebrate at college is to not do any homework on your birthday--it is very cleansing (and sometimes mildly murderous for the rest of the week, but you only have a birthday once a year!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sabrina! Yeah, my birthday is today! Thanks for remembering!! :) I hope everything is going well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so ironic I was there too and did not see you! Same session! I wish that I had seen you but I didn't. Sorry! It was so awesome wasn't it?

    ReplyDelete