Sunday, December 4, 2011

Festival of Trees!

Yesterday Samuel took me on a surprise date to the Festival of Trees. I loved it! It is an event where you can go see a ton of decorated Christmas trees, gingerbread houses, wreaths, centerpieces, etc. People had donated them and they had been auctioned off, with all of the proceeds going to the Primary Children's Hospital. There were also other activities and food which, along with the entrance fee, donated money to the hospital. It was a great idea by Samuel because I loved it! I love Christmas and I love things done in a theme like many of the trees or gingerbread houses were so it was great. Also I loved that everything went to charity. Many of the trees were donated to family members who had died or had been patients at the children's hospital and had pictures by the tree which was really cool to see. Samuel said that last year they made over a million dollars. We spent several hours looking at everything and ate some caramel apples and coconut macaroons.

Here are pictures of some of the Christmas trees we liked:

Beauty and the Beast tree!

I thought the men in my family would like this Trail to Eagle tree

Harry Potter tree

This was one of my favorites: a "Tangled" themed tree!
They had all the little details from the movie, I loved it!

Samuel liked this emergency preparedness tree titled "Prepare for Santa"

Snoopy tree

Based on the movie "Up!"

"Master Carpenter" tree


The gingerbread houses were so awesome to look at it! I took the time to look at each and every one. Here are some of the many that we liked:


The Weasley's Burrow from Harry Potter



I loved the Rapunzel's Tower from "Tangled"!

This one didn't even look like it was made of gingerbread, super impressive!

This one shows scouts out shoveling the snow, I thought my dad would like it!

We took a picture of this one for Hyrum because he loves Lightning McQueen and Mater

Loved the cute farm

"Madagascar" themed

I really liked this one!


The house from "Up!"

Samuel liked this one...haha



There were a lot of musical and dance performances:

I was so amazed at people's talent and creativity. And it was great that they could use it to raise money for the children's hospital!




Samuel loves Penguins

We had a great time!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That looks like a lot of fun! That's cool that there was even a penguin tree just for Samuel.

    ReplyDelete