Monday, April 12, 2010

Mixed Feelings

Today is my half birthday (which means I am only 6 months away from being 20...crazy! I seriously can't believe that!) and also marks my last full week in Provo for a while. I am always blown away by how fast things seem to happen and change. It has been almost an entire year that I have been in Provo, and now I am going back to Los Alamos for the summer. I have a lot of mixed feelings about this quickly-approaching change. There are a lot of things that I will miss from Provo that cannot be found in Los Alamos, and also a lot of things that I am looking forward to in Los Alamos.

Things I will miss...


My awesome ward and apartment complex. Having so many options of things to do. My roommates. Being able to meet so many new people. Greg and Kristen. Having my own apartment. All of my new friends. Getting invited to so many fun things. FUN. Being only 30 seconds away from lots of awesome people. Skidmore-Zimmerman siblings dinners. Having a dollar theater. New experiences and opportunities for growth. The proximity of so many things that comes with living in a town bigger than Los Alamos. Having so many people my age around. Saturday morning basketball games. Getting unintentionally serenaded by the people who live in the house behind my window (it is happening right now).


Things I am looking forward to...


FAMILY. Actually being able to work and make money. No school! Mom's home-cooked meals. Hyrum(today also marks his 7 month birthday!). Less stress. Bonding and girl time with Jet. Trip to New York City. Talking and spending time with Brad. My job at the YMCA summer camp. My parents. A more relaxed environment. Simple, wonderful moments with the family laughing together. Wes. Saving money. Being able to learn and grow in a different kind of way. Seeing my High School friends. Free membership to the YMCA. Living with Brad and Jet for a month. A nice, warm summer that won't be quite as hot as Provo. Playing games with the family. Family meals.

I think that the draws of Los Alamos outweigh the things I will miss, and so I am happy with my decision. Of course, I will be sad to leave Provo, but being sad at the end of something only means that whatever it was must have been good! And the best part is that it is not really an end. And as I have said in many blog posts, time flies! Before I know it I will be back in Provo and missing things in Los Alamos...

2 comments:

  1. its ok that you didn't mention me by name - i know you just didn't want kylie and haley to feel bad...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whatever Rachel...I think that is the other way around! Haha.

    Steph! I'm going to miss you. It's been so fun living with you these past TEN MONTHS! Don't worry, I'll be here in the fall, just awaiting your arrival...hurry back!

    ReplyDelete